ASSURE GUARD GOLD: THE ULTIMATE EQUINE DIGESTIVE AIDFast-acting and effective, Assure Guard Gold combines our proven pairing of Assure Guard and Assure Plus into a complete, daily pelleted formula.
Chronic digestive issues? Leaky gut? Poor body condition? Looking to improve your horse’s overall wellness or performance? Look no further than Assure Guard Gold - the Ultimate Equine Digestive Aid.
60 to 70 percent of a horse’s immune function comes from digestive health. Horses struggling with acute or chronic digestive problems suffer poor overall wellness, decreased performance and continual discomfort. The demanding lifestyle of equine athletes makes them susceptible to a wide range of digestive issues.
Assure Guard Gold is the only complete solution for your horse’s daily digestive and wellness support needs. It helps maintain a healthy digestive system for all types of horses, including performance. With no added sugars, Assure Guard Gold is the digestive and equine ulcer supplement of choice for horses with Equine Metabolic Syndrome. Research has proven that adding high-quality psyllium to a horse’s daily diet can help lower blood glucose and insulin concentration.
Arenus is proud to offer Assure Guard Gold as the ultimate equine digestive aid for your horse’s digestive health needs.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT ASSURE OPTION FOR YOUR HORSE
- Horses in training, competition or high-stress environments that need relief fast.
- Horses suffering from chronic ulcers, colic, diarrhea, sand accumulation, and other digestive issues.
- Horses with metabolic concerns such as Cushings, insulin resistance or Equine Metabolic Syndrome.
- Horses suffering from or at risk of Leaky Gut, the inflammation or breakdown of the hindgut barrier. Leaky Gut is often the underlying cause of digestive health problems and metabolic disorders.
- Owners that are ready for an all-in-one solution for any horse’s digestive health.
- Fast digestive ailment relief: Assure Guard Gold packs a powerful punch and delivers fast digestive relief. Many owners see results in just one week!
- Enhanced performance and wellness: You don’t know how much of your horse you’ve lost to digestive health issues until you’ve addressed the problem. Having a calm and happy digestive system keeps your horse at the top of their game.
- Total digestive support: Assure Guard Gold works to support the entire digestive tract from the stomach through the hindgut. You can trust that your horse’s total digestive health is being supported for optimal function.
- All-in-one digestive aid: A single ingredient won’t fix a horse’s digestive system. It takes the right combination to ensure proper digestive health. Assure Guard Gold combines our proven pairing of Assure Guard and Assure Plus into an all-in-one digestive aid. It’s the only product on the market that blends the quality ingredients necessary for a complete, daily solution.
- Proprietary psyllium process: Psyllium keeps your horse’s digestive tract clean and healthy. But most psyllium products are highly-processed using an inferior, high-heat steam method. Arenus uses psyllium in its original, flake form and makes use of a proprietary pelleting process. This ensures psyllium stays in the correct form to provide maximum benefits to the hindgut.
- Patented delivery system: Delivers a higher dose of microbes to the hindgut than any other product on the market with special enteric coated pellets.
- Powerful ingredient combination: It contains a unique blend of pre and probiotics, psyllium, gastric buffer, digestive enzymes, yeast, and calcium carbonate to restore balance to the digestive tract and prevent future digestive problems.
- Replenishing action: Typical ulcer medications can slow acid production and cause naturally occurring digestive enzymes to die off. This can allow undigested feedstuff to move through the digestive tract causing hindgut ulcers or perpetuating the occurrence of gastric ulcers. Adding a quality ulcer supplement like Assure Guard Gold can ensure your horse’s digestive tract is constantly replenished with microbes and maintains optimal function.
- Safe and simple system: Set and forget your digestive health protocol. Once you have taken care of your horse’s digestive problem you can keep using Assure Guard Gold for effective, daily maintenance.
- Clinically proven formula: The research-backed and veterinarian approved formula is proven to relieve ulcers, colic, diarrhea, weight loss and more. Assure Guard Gold is recommended most often by veterinarians for their most challenging digestive health cases.
- Butyrate: Butyric acid, also known as butyrate, is a critical volatile fatty acid (VFA) produced in the hindgut of all horses. The high quality, high purity psyllium in Assure Guard Gold undergoes special processing to create concentrated, powerful pellets that naturally and effectively increase the production of butyrate. Butyrate is critical to colonocyte health and regeneration, and important in the prevention and reduction of gastrointestinal inflammation.
 Mélo S, Santiago T, Duarte T, Abreu J, Manso H, Filho H. A Proton-Pump Inhibitor Modifies the Concentration of Digestion Biomarkers in Healthy Horses. J Eq Vet Sci 2014; 34, 11-12: 1318-1323.
 Moreaux S, Nichols J, Bowman J, Hatfield P. Psyllium Lowers Blood Glucose and Insulin Concentrations in Horses. J Eq Vet Sci 2011; 31, 4: 160-165.
Assure Works f...
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For general digestive maintenance or management of colic, loose stool and other digestive concerns, feed horse 1 ½ level scoops daily per 1100lb of body weight or follow dosing chart.
It is recommended to utilize a 6 week loading period when starting Assure Guard Gold to optimize digestive function as quickly as possible. For the loading period, feed the recommended daily dose twice daily with grain meals (i.e. 1 ½ scoops with morning and evening grain). For maintenance, it is recommended that the daily dose be split with grain meals (i.e. ¾ scoop with morning and evening grain).
If your horse does not receive grain, Assure Guard Gold can be given as a “treat” or fed alone at both the loading and maintenance doses.
If palatability issues arise, add small amounts of water, oil or molasses to encourage acceptance.
It is recommended that you consult your veterinarian for specific recommendations prior to adding Assure Guard Gold, or any supplement, to your horse’s daily regimen.
Store product in a cool, dry place.
ASSURE GUARD GOLD DOSING CHART
All dosing is calculated at the recommended maintenance dose. It is highly recommended to utilize a 6 week loading period when starting Assure Guard Gold.
If your horse is enrolled in the Colic Assurance Program, please refer to the custom dosing charts within the program.
|Type of Horse/Weight||Recommended Dosing||
Assure Guard Gold 16 lb
Servings Per Container
Assure Guard Gold 25 lb
Servings Per Container
|Miniature (175-350lb/75-158kg)||3/4 scoop||82||127|
|Ponies (351-900lb/159-458kg)||1 scoop||68||106|
|Horse (901-1400lb/459-638kg)||1 1/2 scoops||55||85|
|Draft (>1400lb/>638kg)||2 1/2 scoops||41||63|
Price Per Day
Calculated at 1 1/2 scoops per day dosing.
|Product||Price||Price Per Day|
|Assure Guard Gold 16 lb||$239.95||$4.36|
|Assure Guard Gold 25 lb||$349.95||$4.12|
Psyllium seed husk, wheat mill run, direct fed microorganism blend (distillers grain, dried Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation product, sodium silicoaluminate, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract), sorbitol, calcium carbonate, brewers dried yeast, dried Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation soluble, natural and artificial flavoring, sodium ascorbate, deglycyrrhizinated licorice root powder, zinc methionine hydroxyl analogue chelate.
Guaranteed Analysis per 134g Scoop:Protein (min)...............................................................................8.0%Fat (min).....................................................................................2.25%Fiber (max).................................................................................7.0%
Manufactured with Probiotics:Saccharomyces cerevisiae.........................................................47 billion cfu*Lactobacillus acidophilus.............................................................5 billion cfu*Enterococcus faecium.................................................................3.5 billion cfu*Protease......................................................................................346 HUT**Alpha-amylase............................................................................1211 MWU**Cellulase .....................................................................................173 CU**
* colony forming units (live cells)
Contains a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms
** The terms HUT, MWU and CU are recognized industry standards for measuring enzyme potency
Contains a source of protease which can hydrolyze proteins
Contains a source of alpha-amylase which can hydrolyze starches
Contains a source of cellulase which can break down cellulose
Showing reviews 1-20 of 23 | Next
Ulcer and digestive symptoms
Posted by Anonymous on Mar 17th 2019
My vet recommended this product since everything else we’ve tried was not working. We have been unsure what his overall diagnosis is, but suspected ulcers and other digestive issues. He has now been on it six weeks and we have seen positive results. I will continue the loading dose for another couple of weeks and then go to maintenance dose.
Worked as promised
Posted by Cindy W. on Mar 15th 2019
My older mare was showing some winter stress issues, watery stool. Within a few days of using Assure there was definite improvement.
My horse is less sleepy
Posted by Anonymous on Mar 15th 2019
I am almost done with my first 6 week period with Assure Gaurd Gold. My horse always seemed tired like he did not care about anything, and would yawn a lot. Now he is more active, and loves to run around more. He has dropped weight since being on this product and is underweight, but I believe it is because it is making him feel good enough to work off too many calories.
Love this product and my horse does too!
Posted by Unknown on Jun 28th 2018
Excellent product that my horse eagerly eats. Love the smell of it too.
Love this product!
Posted by Unknown on Jun 11th 2018
This product has helped my colic-y & ulcer prone mare immensely! She has been thriving since being on this! She is sometimes picky about eating it- but with a little applesauce will typically clean it up!
Has greatly improved
Posted by Vickie Clement on Jun 9th 2018
From day one of purchasing my mare she has had diarrhea. Vet diagnosed IBS & ulcers. Assure Gold Plus has cleared up most of her diarrhea with the exception of a few a month. She feels much better & her over all condition has improved. She never refuses to eat the Assured Gold Plus which is very nice! Last week we dropped down to the maintenance level & will be starting our second box soon.
Posted by Barbara on Apr 28th 2018
My vet recommended this product for my horse with ulcers, chronic diarrhea, sand and major stomach issues. When I first started on this he happily ate it. After the first 3 weeks he stopped eating it. Now it’s a chore to try to get him to eat it. I’m no on my 2nd tub, still having trouble trying to get him to eat it. Vet recommended splitting it in all 5 of his meals. He eats it but is not happy about it. Haven’t noticed any improvement but hope its working.
Posted by T M on Apr 19th 2018
My youngster, mustang 3 year old, had off and on runny bowel movement, sometimes clumpy, sometimes like cow patty, rarely horse poop....started this the day after I received and he began being normal within one day....doubt if that happens to often, however I'm am super happy it did.
Posted by Angela Sherman on Mar 6th 2018
Assure Guard Gold has helped my colic prone filly (hasn't colicced since she has been taking it) and has improved the quality of her stool (no diahria!). She chows it down and enjoys her feed. Thank you.
Posted by Unknown on Feb 16th 2018
My German Riding Pony has suffered from a variety of ailments ranging from allergies to ulcers to chronic colic requiring expensive treatment at the veterinary teaching hospital. His performance and attitude have suffered despite his being a talented and strong individual. Since starting Assure Guard Gold in November, he has steadily improved and currently is working the best he has in nearly 5 years. I'm optimistic that we're over the bad times and will continue to make progress.
Posted by Deborah Dougherty on Jan 11th 2018
Often when you buy a supplement you don't ever know for sure if it is doing any good. Our 31 year old Quarter Pony, Penny, was diagnosed with Cushings. She has been on meds for that since October 2017. She started having minor impaction colics about once a week for 3 weeks right around Thanksgiving. Her gut motility was very poor and would alternate between stagnant and overactive. She started colicking every couple of days. I thought we were going to have to euthanize her but didn't want to lose her right at Christmas time. My vet recommended Assure Guard Gold. We started her on it December 13. In about a week on the loading dose she started to stabilize. Praise God she made it through Christmas without any colic episodes! We are continuing to give her the supplement as directed and thank God daily for every good day she has with us. Thank you for making a supplement that really does work!
Healthy as a horse!
Posted by Michele Collins on Nov 23rd 2017
Since beginning Arenus Assure Guard Gold four months ago, both of our horses look like super models waiting for their close-up and I have the pictures to prove it! They look like Central Casting sent them over for a movie! When people walk into the barn where we board, everyone stops and says "What a beautiful horse!" And I know their beauty begins on the inside out thanks to Arenus and it's healing, soothing properties for a horse's stomach. Our barn is an Assure Guard Gold barn now through and through! Thanks Arenus!
Assure Guard Gold thumbs up
Posted by Unknown on Sep 25th 2017
Love this product. Since I began using it my horse looks great and feels good. So glad my veterinarian recommended this product to us. She loves the taste, but most of all her bloodwork showed things are in normal parameters and she is healthy with no stool issues.
Seems to be working...maybe
Posted by Unknown on Aug 1st 2017
My 22 yo guy has been on Arenus products since Jan 17 for chronic diarrhea that my Vet thinks is caused by sand. End of July 17 and I am finally starting to see improvement. Hoping to see actual fecal balls before Jan 18 rolls in. Like that you have one product that covers all of his needs. Expensive but worth every penny to keep him feeling good.
godsend for chronic colic
Posted by 2LBlu Blood Racing on Jun 7th 2017
Have a mare off the track who has chronic colic. I could never relax, never knew when I would go to barn and she would be down. Had a full check and had her scoped. We did several minor things to help, but the real change was the Assure Gold. Vet told me this may be a life time supplement for her, but to not have to dread going to the barn and no vet bills is totally worth it. Currently carrying first foal and doing great.
Satisfied Assure Guard Gold Customer
Posted by Unknown on May 8th 2017
It smell wonderful, my horse loves it and she looks like she feels great! So happy to have switched to your product!
Posted by Megan on Apr 6th 2017
I have had my problem child horse on this for 8 weeks now, he looks better than he ever has, seems to have more energy & less stomach pain than before we started the product. I am very excited to see how he does once I begin riding him!!
Excellent Product for a Variety of Cases
Posted by Heather on Mar 7th 2017
We have used this product on a variety of horses. We had an older mare who was a chronic colic case and this product really helped level her out. I also give it to my stallion after he was hospitalized with Salmonella and he hasn't had a single case of diarrhea or colic for over 2 years. Recently, I purchased this product to start my weanling on because he was so stressed after weaning I am trying to prevent ulcers. He seems to be doing really great on the product too. I highly recommend this product for treatment and for maintenance.
I'm a believer!
Posted by Sue from Fulton NY on Dec 13th 2016
I have my warmblood on this product! My vet recommend I try it. My horse was treaTed twice whithin the year with ulcer guard but he needed something that would keep ulcers from reoccurring! This product works. He went from eating (reluctantly) 2 lbs of grain a day to 6 lbs of grain and his work under saddle has drastically improved. I also want to point out that Brady Karren that works for this company is helpful, informative, intelligent and extremely communicative. I suggest anyone with issues contact him. He knows his product.
Posted by LT on Oct 17th 2016
My mare continually had issues with sand. She does not have tummy issues but I was concerned as was my vet. My vet recommended the Assure Gold as a daily addition to her feed. She has not had one sound of sand in the last 8 months and before it sounded like waves of water. I'm sold and and my piece of mind for my horse is a bonus.
Showing reviews 1-20 of 23 | Next